GXM is seeking a highly motivated and capable a Mid-Level Tester to join our Arlington team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for software testing, work well within a team environment and have familiarity with big data projects.
In this position the successful candidate will participate in design, development, testing, deployment and support of solutions for our various clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing related documentation, performing software analysis and conducting maintenance activities from time to time. Most of the solutions are web-based, custom and creative.
The successful candidate will work on a small team of highly-talented and dedicated individuals that know how to achieve great results, work hard and have a lot of fun along the way!
**US CITIZENSHIP IS A REQUIREMENT** (Due to the nature of the contract.)
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Test any new software to ensure integration meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Design, develop, modify, document and execute test plans, test scripts, test cases, and test scenarios based upon software requirements definition, in concert with the business process analysis and customer driven change requests.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Write and execute manual and automated test cases to verify and validate the project business requirements.
- Assist in verification and validation activities to support the Design and Development team, and process improvements.
- Participate and support the user acceptance test activities working in a fast pace environment.
- Update and maintain test specifications and test plans via source control software.
- Configure, administer and troubleshoot software test environment.
- Perform system test and integration testing on all products and features.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with various Software Testing methodologies.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java or C#.
- Experience working with scripting languages such as TCL, PERL, HP, and others.
- Experience with Test Automation.
- Ability to apply and implement best practices according to feedback to improve performance.