Reporting to the Payment Posting Manager, the Payment Posting Specialist applies cash received on behalf of our clients to open claims and reconciles bank deposits to ensure they properly balance. This is completed while upholding the requirements set by the company’s standard and federal guidelines.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Cash payment application, bank reconciliation, and medical billing experience preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Basic computer knowledge, and experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Customer service oriented;
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and data entry skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and quickly adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; and
- Sufficient communication skills (both written and verbal).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Pulls deposits from bank lockbox/website and remits from various websites to post payments;
- Runs deposit reports to make sure daily deposits are balanced;
- Posts all payments and denials;
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the accounts being posted, especially schedules and payers;
- Calls insurance companies when needed to request remits;
- Attends daily huddles and scheduled Posting and Billing team meetings;
- Responds to Billing team inquiries related to posting; and
- Acts as a backup Payment Posting Assistant when needed, which includes finding remits on various websites.
Performs other related duties as assigned.