Medical Transportation Billing Company seeking to fill an Account Manager position. This is a full-time Monday through Friday daylight opportunity. This position requires 3-5 years of Ambulance Billing and Coding experience. Management or assistant management experience is required, Associates/Bachelor's Degree is preferred. Licensure through the NAAC Ambulance Billing Certification preferred. In order to be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate a mastery of billing procedures and compliance regulations. QMC provides a comprehensive benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, disability and life insurance. Holidays and paid time off are also provided.
Under the direction of the Billing Director, the Account Manager has the responsibility for overseeing the successful billing operations for their assigned clients. The Account Manager supervises their staff to ensure that claims are being processed in a timely manner, follow-up is completed on claim denials, the processing of mail requests are finalized, and excellence in customer service is achieved.
Scope of Responsibility
- Maintain staffing schedule to ensure proper coverage for each account;
- Manage employees performance through annual reviews and system reporting;
- Identify deficiencies with employees and ensure that proper training is being provided;
- Staff development through additional training and advancement preparation; and
- Attend company sponsored events and client meetings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain relationships with clients.
- Manage all aspects of the billing process and the Billing Specialists.
- Assist in any aspect of training needed.
- Help all accounts with coding and procedure codes.
- Update charges as needed.
- Unlock trips as needed.
- Prepare audits for Medicare/Medicaid/commercial insurances.
- Prepare collections files for collections agency.
- Add insurances/diagnostic codes to system.
- Manage primary connection to client supervisors.
- Prepare discount requests for patients/insurances.
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate number of trips are billed daily for each client.
- Responsible to maintaining communications with the client for each account.
- Responsible for communicating account specific changes to group members.
- Responsible for conducting monthly group meetings.
- Prepare and deliver employee productivity reports, audits, and bi-annual employee reviews.
- High School Diploma required;
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred; and
- CAC Certification preferred.
- Three to five years of Ambulance Billing experience;
- Demonstrated mastery of billing procedures and compliance regulations; and
- Management experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Proficient skills navigating RescueNet workflow and billing modules;
- Exemplary client relations;
- Ability to effectively communicate with executive staff as well as direct reports;
- Organizational skills;
- Sufficient written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to lead and motivate a team;
- Staff Development skills;
- Sufficient experience with Performance Management (including setting goals, evaluating performance, etc.);
- Problem-solving skills; and
- Positive "Team First" attitude.