A3 Technology is seeking a Computer Scientist that has 3+ years FAA experience with NAS Systems to join our team in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. Must be willing to travel to Alaska's Flight Service Stations (FSS) sites for testing (OASIS Systems) 2-3 times a year. This would include working with OASIS flight service systems performing operational system testing, reviewing system requirement documentation, maintaining test labs, and traveling for key site testing.
Essential job functions:
- Participates in software installations, database installations, system shutdowns and startups and test related activities.
- Participates in periodical reviews of program technical documentation including final drafts for conformity to requirements and completeness which includes: Interface Requirements Document (IRD) OASIS to External Users, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs) pertinent to Technical Operations maintenance of OASIS (System Operations Manual, System Architecture Description, System User’s manual, among others), and Discrepancy Reports.
- Prepares and tracks status of required deliverables according to the project management life cycle process flow.
- Performs team’s KSN website maintenance, structural changes and improvements; manages KSN and OASIS system user accounts.
- Attends the following meetings: Alaska User Meetings and discussions about PTRs correction implementations, Project life cycles stages review meetings, In-Service Management meetings, Alaska outages telecoms, OASIS Software, and Sites telecoms.
- Performs team’s KSN website maintenance, structural changes and improvements; creates data views, web pages, and reports. KSN Facilitator training provided by the FAA. Manages KSN and OASIS system user accounts.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Software: MS-Excel, PowerPoint, PHP, SQL, Microsoft Access.
- Systems: Cisco Router configuration, PC/MS-DOS, UNIX V, LAN, WAN, UNIX and Windows.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Math or a Bachelor's degree in another technical field with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science and three (3) years related work experience OR
- Master's degree in any field with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science and one (1) year related work experience