Often times, people think that all retail positions are the same... and for the most part, they may be right! But when it comes to the merchandise we sell, the people that work for us and the scheduling flexibility we offer, we are definitely different!
Our stores are very entrepreneurial and we have a unique approach to customer service, we are TRULY a retail phenomenon. As a Retail Merchandise Supervisor, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience.
Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Merchandise Supervisor oversees and directs the merchandising activities in an assigned area of the store. The Merchandise Supervisor works in conjunction with the store team to ensure proper product presentation while driving sales results by ensuring a high level of customer service in a safe work environment.
· Leads a merchandise department within the store by demonstrating advanced product knowledge and leading merchandise responsibilities (for example, restocking, organization and display, price changes)
· Promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and requests for support
· Provides advanced knowledge of merchandise to customers, explaining features and differences between merchandise and providing purchasing advice to customers; provides coaching and training to associates on team and throughout the store as needed
· Executes activities related to store initiatives to offer customers additional products and services related to merchandise category (e.g., special sale items, credit card applications)
· Interviews all prospective candidates and trains and develops the associates within their department
· Manages associate’s performance, annual review and progression within job catalog
· Assigns tasks and monitor schedule/breaks for the associates within their department
· Assists associates to provide increased service to customers in response to specific needs and requests
· Troubleshoots and provides solutions for customer complaints, escalating to management when necessary
· Performs additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes, cart retrieval, break room and restroom housekeeping
· Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and the store’s business plan; receives guidance and oversight from store management
· Demonstrates commitment to the organization by maintaining regular, on site attendance, is reliable and follows through with responsibilities
· Performs Leader On Duty responsibilities as needed
Key Dimensions of Role
· Influences product area team to achieve desired customer service goals
· Resolves escalated customer issues using store guidelines and creative problem solving skills
Product and Store Knowledge
· Has broad understanding of products sold in assigned product area and/or the store and online
· Leverages knowledge of customer shopping trends to promote sales in product area
· Supervises implementation of merchandising plans
· Uses store operational knowledge to supervise work in area of responsibility
· Work may include logistics, inventory control, merchandise processing, schedule, or stockroom and sales floor organization
· Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of a team in a specific product or operational category
· Sets priorities for the team to ensure achievement of sales goals; coordinates store activities with other supervisors
· Provides significant input in hiring, disciplinary actions, terminations and compensation decisions
Other Role Requirements
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 5-6 years of retail experience desired, including team lead experience in operational or customer-facing roles
· Accepts accountability to follow all safety and security procedures for self and others
· Immediately reports unsafe conditions
· Minimal national travel requirements
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.