Medical Transportation Billing Company located in Pleasant Hills, PA seeking to fill a Follow-Up Specialist position. This is a full-time Monday through Friday daylight opportunity. This is an entry level position requiring a high school diploma or equivalent. Ambulance billing, medical billing, and/or customer service experience preferred. QMC provides a comprehensive benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, disability and life insurance. Holidays and paid time off are also provided.
Under the direction of the Account Manager, the Follow-up Specialist performs a wide variety of duties to support the Billing teams in their day to day workflow. These tasks are completed according to company standards as well as state and federal guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to service excellence by completing the following tasks. The task list may not be all inclusive.
- Verify patients’ insurance information utilizing various resources such as websites, telephone IVR’s and provider relation CSR’s when applicable.
- Make telephone calls to patients, hospitals, insurance companies and/or attorneys as needed to research claims or obtain insurance information.
- Contact insurance carriers to inquire about the status of past due accounts.
- Meet or exceed defined productivity standards.
- Document details of activity on each account in the claims processing system (RescueNet).
- Support the processing of primary and secondary paper claims to insurance carriers.
- Follow up on self-pay accounts. This includes contacting the patient by telephone to inquire about insurance coverage or to establish payment plans.
- Maintain a workflow to keep aging accounts at a minimum, by following up on unpaid claims on a daily basis.
- Follow up on accounts that have reached collections to ensure they have been fully worked before the account is referred to an external collection agency.
- Follow up on any assigned special projects designated by the Account Manager.
- Respond to inbound patient calls related to billing inquiries and follow up.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Ambulance billing, medical billing, and/or customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be able to type minimum of 35 wpm.
- Basic computer knowledge is essential.
- Proficient use of Internet Explorer and ability to navigate various websites.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Customer service oriented.
- Time management and the ability to multitask are essential.
- Must display sufficient written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision.