Abacus Staffing is seeking Production Equipment Technicians / Maintenance Technicians in Carlisle, PA. This position is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the warehouse machinery used for packaging. This position reports to a Production Equipment Supervisor.
- 1st Shift: Th-Sa 5a-5p (1 opening)
- 2nd Shift: Th-Sa 5p-5a (1 opening)
- $16.00 to $23.00 /hr. based on experience
- +$1.00 / hr. shift differential
Location & Transportation:
- Position is located in Carlisle, PA.
- No public transportation - Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Following all Safety and Equipment related SOPs
- Complete all equipment related training and certification
- Provide on call service for Production Equipment with department personnel.
- Ensure response within 15 minutes of all repair request to originator with an estimated time of repair.
- Follow structured PM schedules for all production equipment.
- Update spare parts inventory list as parts are used
Servicing Production Equipment
- Perform lay outs, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies production electronic components, parts, switch panels, etc.
- Daily maintenance and equipment oversight
- Emergency breakdowns
- Product change overs
- Read and interpret equipment schematics
- Perform high voltage electrical repairs (e.g. controls, relays) and install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications using electrical and electronic equipment.
- A complete understanding of all mechanical, machinery, pneumatic, hydraulic, structural and electrical (non-IT) assets.
- A complete understanding of packaging equipment, such as: Arpac (tray former, overwrap, tray wrapper), Dimac (overwrap), Switchback (case packers), Shaklin (overwrap), Roberts Polypro (dogbone applicator), Ingersoll Rand (air compressors), Hytrol (powered and gravity conveyors), Marathon (balers), Video Ink Jet (Date Coding), Lantech (pallet wrappers), Douglas (case packers), Whalon (depalletizer), Pneumatic Scale (label machine), Vision/Camera Systems, Intelligrated (palletizer), Arrow (powered conveyors), Diagraph (case labelers)
- A complete understanding of programming: PLC, Allen Bradley, Emerson
- A complete knowledge of hand tools, electrical multimeters, and measuring equipment
Choose one of the following methods to apply to this position.
- Apply to this job posting through Indeed and we will follow up with you.
If you have questions, call 717-430-0333. We are happy to answer any questions about the job and help you begin the hiring process.
Maintenance Technician ~ Production Equipment Technician ~ Warehouse ~ Repair
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $23.00 /hour
About Abacus Staffing:
For more than seventy-five years, Abacus Staffing has provided gainful and exciting employment opportunities to thousands of people, nationwide.