Forklift Operator Needed
We are currently looking for forklift operator. This position will report to the shift supervisor. They will be responsible for accurately loading and unloading pallets on trailers in accordance with Customer/SOP requirements and daily production goals. The Forklift Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, production environment
- Unload inbound shipments and move to appropriate locations.
- Efficiently stack pallets in designated areas and on trailers.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate, secure and meet quality standards.
- Meet productions goals.
- Monitor and maintain accurate inventory.
- Inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Wear appropriate safety gear and follow all safety instructions.
- Ability to operate in a clean and organized manner.
- Physical ability to pick-up, manipulate, and move pallets.
- Candidate must have to aptitude to follow all outlined safety procedures.
- Ability to stand/walk throughout shift. Shift ranges from 8-10 hours depending on daily production requirements.
- Ability to frequently lift 45-75 pounds.
- Moderate physical effort required to climb to truck or forklift and operate equipment.
- Requires ability carry materials, stoop, kneel, bend at waist, climb ladders or equipment, and negotiate trailers.
- The forklift operator requires satisfactory completion of a forklift training program.
- Loud noise, variable temperature and works around and with hazardous machinery.