Interior and exterior work in a maintenance/construction environment performing basic maintenance and repair for company properties: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, interior and exterior painting, vehicles, and equipment. Shift 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Candidates must have a WA drivers license and fairly clean abstract
Candidates will meet at 7 am morning meetings and discuss the tasks that are needed to be done for the day at each project. CHANGES ON TASKS AND PROJECTS CAN CHANGE AND WORKER MUST BE ABLE TO ADAPT TO ANY CHANGES.
• Operate/maintain mechanical and computerized building systems including: computerized zone security, lighting and HVAC.
• Inspect construction/installation/maintenance for conformance to specifications.
• Identify repair/maintenance requirements; source and purchase approved materials/equipment/fixtures; develop and implement cost saving measures while maintaining quality.
• Daily drive company vehicle to and from job sites, towing trailer when needed.
• Seasonally, clean snow and debris from sidewalks, walkways, and driveways; apply de-icer as needed.
• Assist with set-up and take-down of special event equipment, furniture, etc.
• Maintain logs and prepare reports of maintenance and repair activities, production and expenses.
• Consistently observe and comply with safety policies and practices, regulations and guidelines.
• Assist other company personnel as directed.
• Other duties as assigned. Frequency of some job tasks may vary depending on the skills and abilities of the individual.
• Five to ten years experience in facilities maintenance and/or in basic property maintenance/construction.
• Demonstrate good math computation skills.
• Interpret blueprints, construction specifications/plans including electrical diagrams.
• Problem solve to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner; develop alternative solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship skills.
• Experience with successful supervision of work crews.
• Intermediate level of computer skills - detail oriented (thorough and accurate).
• Ability to pull trailer when needed.
Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following:
• Hand tools: Various wrenches, screwdrivers, grips, sledge hammer, hammer, snips, post-hole diggers, saws, landscaping tools, etc.
• Power Tools: Wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, lawn-mower, trimmer, weed eater, etc.
• User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders.
• Mechanical Equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand powered augers, pressure washers, etc.
• Measuring Devices: Voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, etc.