Ready to build your future? We’re hiring!
Are you an experienced Mechanic looking for a new opportunity? Dart Container wants you to join our team!
Within this role, you will work as part of a team that values and focuses on Dart’s four priorities – Safety, Quality, Service and Efficiency – ensuring great products for our customers and a safe, engaging place to work for our employees. You will also:
- Adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Utilize maintenance systems (SAP) for work orders, breakdown sheets, inspections, breakdowns and Preventative Maintenance (PM).
- Perform repair (scheduled and non-scheduled) in prescribed method to resolve equipment problems, using normal range of hand tools.
- Maintain maintenance log book, check sheets, breakdown and inspection sheets and work orders.
- Assist in the movement and installation of machines and equipment in Printing, Packaging and Thermoforming areas.
- Install various attachments and accessories such as pumps, motors, switches, valves, guards, etc.
- Read mechanical, electrical or pneumatic schematics to perform required maintenance.
- Diagnose equipment and machine problems and make repairs as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance assistance as scheduled.
- Participate in small process improvement teams.
Family owned and operated for over 60 years, we’re proud to offer competitive pay and other great benefits:
- 12 hour schedules working with a diverse group of individuals.
- Full tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities for advancement
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401(k) and wellness incentives.
It only takes one application to be considered! See below for details and apply today!
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Industrial Maintenance or three (3) years’ experience as a Machine Operator at Dart Container or a combination of related education and work experience.
- Associates degree in a related field preferred.
- Three years Maintenance Mechanic experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of hydraulic pumps, motors, switches and valves.
- Able to read mechanical, electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Able to analyze and diagnose mechanical problems.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must have excellent attendance and work Must be able to demonstrate minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues.
- Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime as needed.