Demonstrates Production skills to ensure effective equipment operation as well as the ability to follow processes/procedures. This position is committed to ensuring the best quality and products as well as excellent customer service by adhering to regular quality audits (AIB), good manufacturing practices (GMP’s), compliance with federal/state/local regulations (FDA, OSHA, Department of Agriculture, Department of Health, etc.), HACCP, Global Food Safety Standards (BRC), and environmental compliance and DOT mandates.
- Works in accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures at all times.
- Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices at all times. Maintain a safe working environment for vendors and fellow employees.
- Follow all safe working practices.
- Have a thorough understanding of product and maintain adequate quality control checks.
- Insure superior customer service at all times.
- Maintain a clean, neat work area including parking lot, carts and baskets and trash areas.
- Participate in Team meetings and training.
- Respond to all business needs promptly and with a sense of urgency.
- Communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned.
- Maintains Product Quality at all times.
- Participates in root cause problem solving.
- Minimizes levels of scrap and rework.
- Ensures the flow of product is consistent.
- May frequently lift in excess of 50 pounds.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- This position requires an operations aptitude and a solid understanding of safety protocols.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Strong production skill sets to include changeovers, quality assurance, and process management.
- Experience in a bakery production department is a highly desired.
PAY RATE $19.24 PER HOUR