HD Fowler Company is looking for full-time Divisional Estimator for our Waterworks Division supporting the Puget Sound Region.
The Divisional Estimator position is critical part of HD Fowler Company. You will provide high quality estimating for an assigned region of the company. Produce superior quotations for large and complex waterworks and mechanical projects; bids which offer the greatest chance of successful sales, as well as efficient project expedition and completion.
HD Fowler is a family company that has been in business for over 100 years and is the single best distributor of water and wastewater solutions in the Northwest region. We have a company culture that values and encourages your initiative, excellent customer service and willingness to learn. At HD Fowler, we love to grow and promote our most valuable resource, our people, from within.
Who we are looking for:
• At least 2 years’ experience as a waterworks estimator for HD Fowler, a direct competitor, and/or in a related field (specific industry experience required), with a proven track record of producing high output of high complexity estimating.
• At least 1 year functioning for HD Fowler as Inside Sales or Project Manager, or for external applicants, equivalent relevant project management experience.
• Strong math and computer skills, as well as an eye for detail.
• Able to use discretion in regards to pricing tools and all general decision making.
• Able to operate within and prioritize under tight deadlines.
• Able to interact positively with all types of coworkers and customers, and with effective and professional written and oral communication.
• Able to operate in a high-paced, demanding environment under a variety of conditions.
• Able to work overtime when necessary and/or required.
• Able to self-guide work prioritization and completion; work with little to no direct supervision.
What you will do:
• Independently complete accurate and thorough takeoffs (including specifications, pricing, freight, etc.), meeting deadlines and expectations of both company and customer in terms of both production/output and quality.
• Find, qualify, and coordinate upcoming bids within the region, actively working with the sales team to design and implement successful bid strategies.
• Thoroughly follow-up on all bids; assist with job submittal and tracking, managing bid board, and/or coordinating all aspects of the job with other staff, as designated.
• Work well with all external parties on all aspects of project bidding, including but not limited to: project clarifications, value-added options and material alternative suggestions, product specifications and changes, etc.
• Procedural and reporting compliance.
• Help develop and maintain specification tools and resources.
• Act as a company resource for product knowledge, operational expertise, training and mentoring, process improvements, and initiative/goal achievement.
• Participate in personal professional development, including staying abreast of new products and construction methods, successfully incorporating new knowledge into bids and team development.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
What’s in it for you:
• Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401(k) Traditional & Roth with company match
• Profit Sharing/Bonus incentives
• Career advancement and training opportunities
• Paid Time Off
• Gym membership reimbursement
HD Fowler is a Drug free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent based on passing a pre-employment drug screen.
HD Fowler is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary Negotiable DOE
For more opportunities please visit:
No parties should contact us with or about unsolicited services or offers.