GXM is hiring a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our growing Arlington team. This position requires a highly-motivated, energetic Engineer who will focus on new application development. We support Government and Commercial clients looking to grow their technical solutions. You will be involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle including architectural/design, build, deployment and support.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with experience working in high-performance agile teams with high levels of self-organization and collaboration. The candidate should be able to explain technical functions, limitations, and processes in a way that is understandable to non-technical stakeholders and managers.
The Software Engineer is responsible for taking a technical leadership role on a team. They are expected to assist in the technical architecture of the overall product. They will have a major voice in the system-level design and are expected to make significant contributions. They will be called upon to review alternates and suggest technical approaches to the challenges involved in the creation of new systems and products. They will be working on a project team responsible for all aspects of solution creation and engineering. They will use industry best practices with a team of high-performing professionals who know how to achieve great results, work hard and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Create collaborative websites to accelerate communications and innovation within client-designated communities.
- Research new technologies and tools to improve the development process, code quality and decrease development time.
- Maintain and support mission-critical applications as necessary.
- Participate in a proven, documented, agile software process which includes procedures spanning all phases of the software product life cycle.
- Work on all aspects of the project closely with other team members, including requirements generation, user-flow development and analysis, and quality test creation.
Required Education and Experience:
- This position is with a project that requires US Citizenship. Non-US Citizens will not be considered.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline such as Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3 - 10+ years over-all Software Development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/UNIX.
- Solid understanding and experience with UNIX command-line tools.
- Extensive experience with:
- Web Development
- Object-Oriented Design and Development
- General knowledge of SQL and nonSQL /databases.
- Experience testing and debugging work on multiple browsers & screen sizes.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment where technology and customers’ requirements can change regularly.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Possess a passion for continuous learning; have strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and good judgment; and be detail-oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience with a modern Object-Oriented language such as C#, Java, or Swift.
- Experience in Search Engine Optimization best practices.
- Experience in Accessibility best practices.
- Experience in Developing for all modern and DoD choice browsers.
- Xamarin Development experience.
- ASP.net development experience.
- Relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL SQLite or Oracle.
- LINQ experience.
- Secret Clearance or above.
- Full-time M-F.
- On-site in Arlington, VA.
- Flexible with emergency evening and weekend work (limited.)
- Willing to travel (2 to 3 times a year.)
- Accessible by phone and other electronic means (email, etc.)
Do you have what it takes? Are you ready to be challenged? Can you have fun while still working hard to produce what our clients demand? If so, we want to talk with you.