The Shipping Lead will be responsible for various shipping and receiving tasks. They will lead a team of case/order packers, ensuring that product flows efficiently from manufacturing to inventory. They will pull, pack, and ship customer orders, ensuring the safety of all outgoing products. They will also manage inventory of finished goods through the use of a Warehouse Management System.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for receiving newly manufactured products into inventory, ensuring that all products are counted into the WMS before being safely case packed for shipping.
- Utilize UPS Worldship and FedEx Ship Manager to create shipment labels; will compare shipment costs in order to select the most economically efficient carriers for all outbound shipments.
- Create bills of lading and arrange freight pick-ups, ensuring that individual customer routing instructions are followed completely and accurately.
- Utilize pallet jacks and/or lifts to move pallets; must be physically capable of maneuvering pallets throughout the building when needed; will be responsible for the palletization of products when needed.
- Inspects inbound shipments for damage; routes received items to the appropriate internal departments; ensures that all paperwork matches items received; accurately documents all shipments.
- Responsible for monitoring workload and communicating staffing needs to Operations Manager; must train and guide new warehouse employees.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory of cartons, labels, and various shipping materials, placing replenishment orders as needed.
- Able to read, understand and implement customer specific routing guides in order to protect the Company's interest and keep potential charge backs at bay.
- Able to represent Company in best light and work directly and independently with customer specific logistic departments, couriers (UPS etc.) truck lines, Vendors (box company), etc.
- Participate in annual inventory as it pertains to shipping and receiving materials