Reporting to the Posting Director, the Posting Manager is responsible for leading a team of medical payment posting specialists who support our ground ambulance and air medical service clients. The primary responsibility of the role is ensuring the timely and accurate posting of all payments and adjustments on behalf of assigned client accounts. Responsibilities also includes documentation of processes, training of team members and the creation of various management reports on operational performance. The Posting Manager also acts as a liaison between his/her respective team and other functions within Quick Med Claims.
Associates degree in business or related field preferred, however equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform essential duties will be considered.
Minimum of 2 years experience in a general business, with a preference given to applicants with exposure to payment posting and refunds; including but not limited to: pulling and preparing electronic remits, lockboxes, etc.
Exposure to leading individuals, teams or projects is also preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical coding;
- Ability to research account discrepancies;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and quickly adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and data entry skill
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to operate standard office equipment;
- Aptitude for preparing reports; and
- Proven ability to lead individuals and/or team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day supervision, support, and training to assigned Payment Posting Specialists to ensure efficient operations and productivity targets are achieved, including requirements set forth in client contracts;
- Develops, maintains and optimizes recurring and ad-hoc reports for assigned clients;
- Coordinates month-end work (i.e. posting missing payments, posting batch write-offs) to ensure a timely close in accordance with client requirements;
- Works cross-functionally with Billing Teams to ensure proper communication occurs regarding problem payors and other payment issues encountered by the Payment Posting Specialists;
- Works directly with clients to answer questions and resolve issues, discrepancies and concerns as they arise; and
- Acts as the backup Payment Posting Specialists when needed, which could occur as a result of scheduled absences, new accounts awaiting staff and unexpected large volume.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.