- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Vocational Rehabilitation, Education (prefer Special Ed) or social work.
- Minimum 2 years paid experience in professional work with the adult handicapped. Prefer experience in Rehabilitation Counseling, Special Education, Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling experience in a Sheltered Workshop or training residence (group home, half-way house).
- Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling with supervised internship may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Coordinate and implement job placement process for persons assigned to their caseloads and assist job seeking individuals in locating and securing satisfying job opportunities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary staff contact for all of the persons supported assigned to their caseload for all family members, agency and non-agency personnel.
- Assures that all assigned persons supported case files are complete and in good order according to agency requirements and the specific requirements of the programs that each person supported is enrolled in.
- Maintaining on-going communication with all unit service department heads; i.e. Vocational Evaluator, WAT and Sheltered Workshop Supervisors.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the Program Coordinator regarding problems and progress in management of caseload and counseling problems.
- Participation in all staffing for Vocational Evaluation, WAT, and Extended Employment programs.
- In serving as liaison with community agencies, residential facilities, and client families, may occasionally require the Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor to make home visits to outside agencies and facilities.