Medical Transportation Billing Company located in Pleasant Hills, PA seeking to fill an entry-level Payment Posting Assistant position. This is a full-time Monday through Friday daylight opportunity. QMC provides a comprehensive benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, disability and life insurance. Holidays and paid time off are also provided.
Under the direction of the Posting Manager, the Posting Assistant performs a wide variety of duties to support the Payment Posters in their day-to-day work. These tasks are completed according to company standards as well as state and federal guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be able to complete the following tasks:
- Pull deposits from bank lockbox/website.
- Pull remits from various websites to post payments.
- Scan all posting to each account’s folders on the network.
- Be able to access Easy Print to get Medicare remits.
- Be able to access Gateway EDI for various insurance remits.
- Process credit card payments.
- Pull next day reports.
- Prepare hard copy deposits for scanning and posting by, but not limited to, sorting payments by payors and looking up account numbers.
- Complete month-end batch write offs.
- Post Medicare payments.
- Assist Posting staff with any other needs in preparing and organizing posting.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Basic accounting principles and medical billing experience preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be able to type minimum of 35 wpm
- Microsoft Office and basic computer knowledge
- Basic math
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Customer service oriented
- Time management and the ability to multitask are essential
- Organizational skills
- Must display sufficient written and oral communication skills
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment