Quick Med Claims, LLC (QMC) is a nationally recognized leader in emergency medical transportation billing and reimbursement services. QMC is committed to providing the best-in-class billing services and reimbursement consulting for both air and ground medical transportation clients so they can focus on patient care and other critical goals.
At QMC, our vision is to be the trusted partner of choice who 100% of our clients and employees would recommend to a friend or colleague. We strive to achieve this vision in living by our cultural values of integrity, compassion, performance, relationships, and learning and development every day.
Under the guidance of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Generalist will perform HR-related duties on a professional level and will work closely with the Corporate Office in supporting day-to-day operations in the designated geographic region(s). The successful candidate will carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruiting, onboarding, policy implementation, benefits administration, payroll functions, employee relations, and other tasks as deemed necessary.
The Human Resources Generalist must possess considerable skills in interviewing techniques, knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company’s organizational structure, general knowledge of personnel policy and procedures, and understanding of federal and state laws regarding employment practices. This role will partner with other member of the Human Resources team in different regional sites and will work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff to carry out HR polices, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the front-line point of contact for day-to-day site operations of the Human Resources functions and duties, including clerical and administrative support for the department;
- Assist in life-cycle recruiting efforts including posting jobs, screening resumes, conducting phone interviews, scheduling in-office interviews, performing reference checks, running background screenings, etc.;
- Attend and represent the company at area career fairs and recruiting functions;
- Conduct new hire onboarding and time-and-attendance training;
- Maintain applicant tracking database and update internal Human Resources pages;
- Provide advice, guidance, and recommendations for HR matters to division managers and staff;
- Participate in the administering of progressive disciplinary action to ensure consistent, uniform, and fair application of company policies and procedures are followed;
- When necessary, conduct thorough and timely investigations with general oversight, recommend issue resolutions, and counsel employees;
- Verify accuracy of benefit invoices and assist with annual open enrollment process;
- Provide assistance with the payroll process in a backup capacity;
- Perform other related administrative and human resources related duties as assigned;
- Remain current on recent federal, state, and local changes in employment, labor, and other laws affecting the HR operations;
- Conduct new hire benefit presentations, including facilitation of the enrollment process and any benefit plan changes;
- Ensure that COBRA paperwork is administered timely and when appropriate;
- Manage leave programs in accordance with FMLA, ADA, USERRA, GINA, and other laws;
- Perform exit interviews, complete employment verification forms, unemployment documents, and attend hearings when necessary;
- 10-25% of time may be spent traveling to our other locations, including Danville, PA and San Antonio, TX; and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years of progressive HR experience;
- Ability to collaborate, influence, and command the respect and confidence of staff members and management;
- Advanced knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations;
- Experience communicating and administering a broad range of tasks, including resolving complaints, coaching, and counseling managers and employees on policies and procedures;
- Ability to work independently in a regional office, while under the oversight of the corporate office;
- Must be able to balance the needs of a regional office, while supporting the larger organization in a fast-paced growth environment;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills both in individual and group settings;
- Technical expertise in computer programs such as MS Office, HRIS applications, payroll programs, and/or other systems to effectively gather, interpret, organize, and present data;
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment, critical thinking skills, and manage multiple priorities;
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated success managing multiple tasks and competing priorities while balancing the need for quality with meeting deadlines; and
- Must be open to travelling to other offices and functions as needed (10-15%).
HR certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)