Primary job duties (functions) required of this position:
- Accurately selects orders for outbound delivery.
- Places selected products on pallet(s) efficiently.
- Operates equipment (electric pallet jack) and performs all duties in a safe, efficient and productive manner. Must be able to pass OSHA equipment certification tests.
- Labeling product for delivery.
- Shrink wrap orders as required.
- Maintain an individual percentage of errors and productivity level.
- Lifting up to 1000 cases+ per shift up to a weight limit maximum of 50lbs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Previous Experience & Qualifications:
- Must be able to work nights and overnights.
- Must be literate in English (read and write) and be able to perform basic arithmetic.
- Previous Foodservice or distribution experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate personal integrity and reliability characteristics.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs repetitively.
- Previous experience operating powered industrial equipment (a ride-on electric pallet jack).
- Must be able to work in a Multi-Temp warehouse ranging from subzero to the ambient temperature of the outdoors for the entire shift without restrictions.
- 100% accuracy and attention to detail to ensure product is received correctly in accordance with the Costa Fruit & Produce Company selector standards.
- Shall comply with all applicable SQF policies and procedures.
- Manually operates a hand-held scanning device (Scan gun).
- Enters data on a key pad.
- Long periods of standing and walking on hard, concrete surfaces.
- Exposure to dust, fumes, and wet conditions.
- Lifts and carries selected product, up to 50 pounds.
- Bends and reaches frequently.