Teledyne Cable Solutions is focused on strengthening the value proposition by delivering high reliability engineered solutions for subsea/topside pipeline asset integrity monitoring, sensing and power/data network interfacing and distribution applications.
Teledyne Cable Solutions is a high integrity , fast growing division of Teledyne Technologies with locations around the globe.
Teledyne Cable Solutions offers our Employees an excellent benefit package including:
- Prescription Drug
- Life Insurance for employee, spouse and children
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains the files and formats utilized for manufacturing work instructions.
- Tracks the status of manufacturing work instructions on the shop floor.
- Works directly with equipment operators to obtain pictures of equipment settings and product setup.
- Adds pictures and relevant data to manufacturing work instructions.
- Maintains work instructions, and creates additional instructions for alternate equipment.
- Updates work instructions to ensure products are manufactured in accordance with design elements.
- Uses various tools during documentation process including cameras, computers, micrometers, protractors, OD tapes, etc.
- Photographs product specific tooling and includes them on work instructions for use by equipment operators.
- Evaluates effectiveness of work instructions by communicating with operators and adjusting documentation for effectiveness.
- Recommends changes to equipment or products based on setup data or work instruction data.
- Provides general training to all operators and other manufacturing employees to ensure use of manufacturing work instructions.
- Creates and maintains “known problems” data sheets and includes them in manufacturing work instructions.
- Accepts other manufacturing department assignments, generally working on lean initiative projects.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Previous experience utilizing detailed manufacturing instructions.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of MSOffice programs (Word, Project, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Prior experience using a MRP or ERP system is preferred
- VB scripting and / or extensive creation or use of macros is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in fast paced environment
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as drawings, work instructions, process sheets, shop orders, etc..
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimalsBehavioral Requirements in a Technical Environment:
- Work effectively as a member of a team through cooperation and group participation.
- Willing to share responsibility for the success/failure of the team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high growth, fast paced environment.
- Establish effective work relationships with customers and co-workers by generating trust, confidence, and credibility.
- Willing and capable of resolving differences with others openly and constructively.
- Constructively reacts to feedback from superiors, subordinates, customers and peers.
- Perseveres to overcome obstacles and is willing to put extra effort to meet the demands of the organization.
Though not a direct supervisory role, this position is required to interface and provide direction to all levels of manufacturing employees.
- Export Overview
- Corporate Ethics/Harassment
- MRP or ERP system
- IFS Overview
- Occasional Travel
- Regularly required to sit, stand, or walk throughout the facility
- Sitting for long periods, frequent computer
- Work in Manufacturing and Test areas
- Occasional travel, including overseas
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Use of safety glasses when in Manufacturing and Test areas
- Steel Toe Shoes in required areas
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
All applicants can apply at: www.teledynecareers.com
"Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or a "U.S. Person". A U.S. Person is defined as a person who is a lawful permanent resident “Green Card holder” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(20) or who is a ”Protected Individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.