The Staff Accountant position of McCarthy Burgess and Wolff (MB&W) is responsible managing the application of accounts receivable and reconciliation of client accounts. The candidate will need strong problem solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work with others. This position will support various aspects of the financial cycle including, but not limited to, assisting in audits, and monitoring various metrics of the business to aide in daily operational decisions. This position also requires general accounting responsibilities, including journal entries, intercompany transactions and account reconciliations.
• Process receipts and invoices by verifying accuracy of documentation and balances.
• Compiling data and preparing appropriate reports.
• Post cash and verify that all cash transactions have been processed.
• Perform accounts payable functions such as checking and processing invoices, researching discrepancies and unpaid invoices.
• Respond to and manage incoming e-mails from clients regarding invoices and payments.
• Assist with audit preparation.
• Prepare bank reconciliations.
• Answer customer inquiries in a courtesy, efficient and prompt manner.
• Supports the payment processing department and all other duties as assigned.
• Reads, comprehends and adheres to the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA).
• Reads, comprehends and adheres to any and all applicable International Organization for Standardization policies (ISO).
• Knowledge: Must have experience in accounts receivables. Must be good with Microsoft Office programs and excellent communication skills.
• Experience: At least 2+ years experience in the accounting field preferred or degree in Accounting or related field.
• Skills/Aptitudes: Organized and detail oriented with the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multifaceted and works well under pressure. Proven analytical and critical thinking skills. Problem-solving and follow-through skills, and ability to work independently, lead teams and interact with various levels of management. Good computer skills and proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software programs are required.
• Interpersonal Skills: Ability to prioritize conflicting demands, take initiative, work proactively and be resourceful; outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a diverse set of personalities and a strong client focus; and self-starter with a desire to grow/learn. Proven ability to lead, teach, and persuade others while interacting effectively in difficult situations.