The Staff Accountant position of McCarthy Burgess and Wolff (MB&W) is responsible managing the application of accounts receivable and reconciliation of client accounts. The candidate will need strong problem solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work with others. This position will support various aspects of the financial cycle including, but not limited to, assisting in audits, and monitoring various metrics of the business to aide in daily operational decisions. This position also requires general accounting responsibilities, including journal entries, intercompany transactions and account reconciliations.
• Process receipts and invoices by verifying accuracy of documentation and balances.
• Compiling data and preparing appropriate reports.
• Post cash and verify that all cash transactions have been processed.
• Perform accounts payable functions such as checking and processing invoices, researching discrepancies and unpaid invoices.
• Respond to and manage incoming e-mails from clients regarding invoices and payments.
• Assist with audit preparation.
• Prepare bank reconciliations.
• Answer customer inquiries in a courtesy, efficient and prompt manner.
• Supports the payment processing department and all other duties as assigned.
• Reads, comprehends and adheres to the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA).
• Reads, comprehends and adheres to any and all applicable International Organization for Standardization policies (ISO).