Underwriting is the process of determining whether to accept a risk and, if so, what amount of insurance the company will provide, and at what price.
American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is a fast-growing, highly successful private passenger automobile insurance company located in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our mission is to be "driven to do the right thing at every turn." To deliver on that mission and continue our growth, we are looking for highly-motivated employees that can grow with us. We are currently seeking talented and self-motivated people to be members of our underwriting department.
Our Associate Underwriter position is the entry level position in our underwriting department, also known as "Underwriter in Training". This is a great position for candidates interested in starting a rewarding and long term carrier in the auto insurance industry.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly preferred but not required
- Strong organizational skills including time management and delegation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with individuals from all backgrounds
- Detail-oriented in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to make independent decisions and use proper judgment.
- Self-motivated team player
- Respectfully deliver the most convenient and accessible auto insurance
- Provide excellent customer service; Incoming and outgoing calls
- Investigate Motor Vehicle Records
- Evaluate and Issue policy renewals, endorsements, cancellations, reinstatements
- Underwrite forms: copy of driver licenses, mechanical/inspection/ physicians reports, anti-theft forms, bill of sales
- Review and analyze system reports to determine if coverage applies
- Training/mentoring other staff members
- Contribute as need be to the overall success of the company
Benefits available for full time employees
- Generous paid time off package
- Medical & Dental Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Company paid STD/LTD
- Company paid life insurance