Home of Guiding Hands is seeking a Nurse to join the nursing department. The Nurse is responsible for delivering care to residents by utilizing the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Utilizes the nursing process by demonstrating basic nursing techniques and procedures.
• Documents accurate, legible ongoing evaluation of resident status.
• Participates in resident/staff education regarding health information.
• Demonstrates ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner.
• Interacts with residents, family members and staff with concern and empathy, respects their dignity and privacy, and communicates with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
• Consistently works in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members.
• Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team Conferences and provides input into program planning by interpreting residents for nursing care and response to therapy.
• Consistently demonstrates ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner assessing current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
• Consistently demonstrates ability to take the initiative to make decisions with little direct supervision.
Education Required: Valid license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of California.
Experience Required: Minimum of 2 years of experience in professional nursing. Experience providing services to individuals with special needs preferred.
Other Conditions of Employment:
• Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of hire
• Must possess a valid CA driver's license, proof of safe driving record and 24 months of driving experience
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Saving Plan
• Vacation Time and Paid Sick Leave
• Employee discounts to movie theaters, attractions, and more
To view a complete job description and apply, please click the link below:
Would you like to know more about Home of Guiding Hands and the services we provide? Visit us at www.guidinghands.org