Job Title: QA/QC Tester
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Duration: 5 years. Contract awarded July 2017.
Clearance: Public Trust. Must be willing to pass company background check.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field.
Project Description: Expansion of HSES for the Office of Head Start.
The Head Start Enterprise System (HSES) is the primary data management system of the Office of Head Start (OHS). Operation of the HSES includes rapid deployment and delivery, program operations, enterprise architecture, data quality, and a host of technical support services. The project's purpose is to continuously improve management and oversight of grantee organizations and program operations at the local, state, regional, and national levels through growth and enhancements in the HSES system.
The successful candidate must:
- be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship, both now and in the future;
- have experience working with relational databases;
- have experience supporting UI testing tools;
- have experience working in an Agile environment;
- have an understanding of SDLC and quality assurance processes and testing;
- be able to use SQL and the test management tool, JIRA; and
- have strong English-speaking written and verbal communication skills.
Desired, but not mandatory, experience includes:
- 508 Compliance;
- working with automation testing; and
- behavior-driven development frameworks.
The successful candidate will:
- understand business requirements, estimate test scope, and prepare test cases;
- stay current on established tools, techniques, and technologies;
- analyze business requirements and identify scenarios to be validated;
- execute test cases and test scripts;
- develop and review test plans;
- prepare and execute test plans for both planned and emergency releases;
- participate as an active member of a testing team;
- participate in and support integration, regression, and user acceptance testing;
- document test cases and defects; and review, analyze, and report on data quality; and
- coordinate and collaborate with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure the test plan and identified testing solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
Software Quality Assurance-related certifications such as CSTE, CSQA, and ISTQB.