Please visit www.pghjobs.net to submit your application, and view the full job description.
Your City of Pittsburgh application will be reviewed and your work experience and education/training will be evaluated to determine if you meet the qualifying eligibility requirements listed below for this position. You will be sent an eligibility letter regarding your eligible/ineligible status.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: The application must clearly show four (4) or more years of full-time, paid experience as a licensed attorney in litigation and must have tried multiple jury trials from motions to post-trial motions. (Full-time is defined as 32 hours or more per week. Less than full-time experience will be calculated on a pro-rated basis.)
- EDUCATION/TRAINING: The application must clearly show a Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited law school in the U.S. and a current Pennsylvania license (must have passed the Pennsylvania State Bar Examination). (See NOTE under the General Application Requirements Section above regarding the verification of education/training).
- Must provide a sample brief.
- EQUIVALENCY: None permitted for this position. Therefore, no education/training and/or work experience may be substituted toward the qualifying requirements listed above.
CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATIONS
If you meet the qualifying requirements listed above, you will be sent a letter of admission (when applicable) for the following examination(s). You must pass the written and/or performance examination(s) in order to have your name placed on the official Civil Service eligibility list for this position. Candidates who receive job offers must pass a medical examination (when applicable) prior to start date.
- Written: None required for this position.
- Performance: None required for this position.
- Medical: None required for this position.
- Represents City in State and Federal civil litigation proceedings brought on behalf or against the City including its City officials, or City employees.
- Researches legal issues and prepares legal memorandum and correspondence.
- Maintains and develops expertise about laws, regulations and court decisions affecting municipal and tort legal issues.
- Conducts depositions, trials and appeals of proceedings in State and federal courts regarding allegations of constitutional violations, tort claims or any other cause of action.
- Performs activities and functions of related and other related tasks and duties as assigned or required by the City Solicitor.